Importing assets into Adobe XD
Quite often you will need to import bitmap images (jpg, png, gif, tiff, svg) or vector assets into your XD documents.
To import an image from your computer filesystem (Finder or Windows Explorer):
- Drag and drop the file into XD
- Or copy the file and paste it into XD
To import an image from your browser:
- Drag and drop the image into XD
- Or right click on the image, select “Copy image” and then paste it into XD
To import an image from Photoshop:
- With the marquee tool, select the image you want to import, Copy it or “Copy merged” it (Edit > Copy merged) and then paste it back into XD
To import a vector from Photoshop:
- right-click on a shape/vector layer, click on “Copy SVG” and then copy it back into XD.
To import a vector from Illustrator:
- Select the vector shape in Illustrator, copy it and paste it back into XD.
To import an asset from Sketch:
- Select the layer in Sketch, copy it and paste it back into XD.
You will be able to edit all the imported vector assets in Adobe XD as if they were created within XD itself.