Real time mobile preview
With Adobe XD, you can also preview your designs and prototypes on a mobile device via the Adobe XD iOS and Android app.
This feature is extremely important when you design mobile interfaces, as it allows you to check exactly how your designs will look on a real mobile device. All the changes you make on your artboards are instantly reflected on the mobile app, so you can basically create your designs by looking directly at your phone.
The real-time performance are amazing, everything feels super smooth and as real-time as it can get.
2. Connect your phone to your computer via USB and in Adobe XD click on the mobile preview icon at the top right of the screen.
3. Your designs should now be visible also on your mobile device, mirroring the artboard you have selected on your desktop.
Not only you can preview your artboards in design mode, but also in prototype mode, where you will be able to interact with your prototype as you would do with a real mobile app.
As you can already do on the desktop preview, if you tap anywhere on the artboard you are previewing on your phone, all the hotspots included in your prototype will be highlighted in blue.
More app options
If you long press on the current artboard, the main app navigation menu will be displayed. From here, you can access a few more options:
• Browse artboards: if you are previewing a big project with dozens of screens, it can be tricky to find the one you want to preview. This feature helps you do just that, by showing you all the screens as thumbnails, so that you can easily tap on the one you want.
• Share screen as image: in case you want to share the artboard currently displayed via messaging apps like Whatsapp, FB Messenger, on social networks or via email.
• Enable/Disable hotspot hints: if you disable this, the hotspots included in your project won’t be displayed when you tap on the screen.
• View settings: just a few settings and links
• Open XD Document: from here you will be able to preview your work by loading directly your files from your Creative Cloud account.
If you are not previewing any artboards, you can do that by tapping on the folder icon on top and choose “XD Document from Creative Cloud”